Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Blog Post Number Three Hundred

...and one. Oh well.

In honor of this milestone, I decided to condense three hundred blog entries into two graphs. I believe they speak for themselves. However, I have a penchant for excessive narration on this blog and so I will take the liberty to do at least a little speaking for them.

I. Blog Content



In case it isn't clear from the graphic, these are my ten most blogged about topics.* In order to make the list, they had to be the central focus of a post. In other words, just because Gospel Topics accounts for only 5 of 300 blog posts does not mean the other 295 posts are completely secular, and mentioning that I wrote a particular blog entry instead of working on my dissertation does not make that blog entry about Grad School.

I think that some interesting trends emerge upon careful analysis (how's that for practicing my research lingo?). I will let you discover those for yourself, if you care to.

Also, I found it interesting that there were several somewhat random topics that I apparently felt the need to write about twice, such as Halloween costumes, oatmeal routines, and squirrels dying violent deaths.




II. Blog Popularity


There's less to say about this one. Only that my blog is much more popular now than it used to be. Incidentally, I have had exactly three posts with 10 comments: my birthday post (and I kind of petitioned for all those comments), my cookie recipe, and the announcement of my virtual baby. Which I guess means I should probably mention that about half an hour ago I reached another milestone when I received an email congratulating me on my baby's full gestation. The virtual birth should happen any day now. I'm just not entirely certain how to tell when it actually has occurred...

Oh yes, and to anyone who was wondering, I am feeling a lot better than I was at the time of Blog Post Actual-300 :).

*This did not take as long to put together as it looks. Or maybe I should rephrase that. It did take as long to put together as it looks, but I have seen Post #300 coming for a long time, so it was all spread out over a very large number of fairly manageable, mostly-nondistracting chunks of time. In other words, yes, I am still making progress on my dissertation.

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

I find it interesting that talking about weather is one of your top ten topics. I don't why but I think it's funny : )

Brian said...

This is very impressive. However, my favorite diagram posted on your blog has to be the noodle story problem.

Abominable's Main Squeeze said...

I was thinking you should draw a "best fit" line through your 2nd graph. At least you'd get a positive slope!

Happy three hundred (and one).

Richard said...

If anything ever proved that you are a math geek, this post did it. (Of course, this is coming from a guy who used to do massive long division problems for fun.)

But then, there's nothing wrong with that, is there?

Jess said...

I envy your blogging ability. I hope it will rub off on me in the UK